Introduction to Acids and BasesPosted by Hannah Lindsay at 4/10/2017
Watch the following videos and answer the questions on your notes sheet.
- “Lesson 12.3-Properties of Acids and Bases” Only watch the video through 11 minutes, and fill out the chart with the information presented in the video.
**You only have to watch until 12 minutes when she starts talking about naming acids and bases.
- “A colorful Magic Trick with Acids and Bases”
- “What are pH indicators and how do we use them?”
Naming CompoundsPosted by Hannah Lindsay at 11/8/2016
Copy and paste the following urls into your browser.
Naming Ionic and Covalent Compounds:
Naming Acids (pre-AP):
QuizletPosted by Hannah Lindsay at 9/5/2016
To join our class on quizlet...
1. go to https://quizlet.com/latest
2. click sign up
3. click sign up with email
4. enter your information for your school gmail account
ONCE you have signed in
1. on the left hand corner click "join or create class"
2. Search "chemsitry.lindsay.01 pilot point high school"
3. select the correct class period (that is the 01, 02, 03 that comes after my name)
4. click request to join the class
Practice with Significant FiguresPosted by Hannah Lindsay at 8/30/2016
Here are some links that have practice activities in scientific notation and determining sig figs that I think you might find helpful. Don't stress if you can't remember every single rule, use your cheat sheet! We're learning these now so that we can use them all year. You have all year to master it, so just start practicing!