Pilot Point ISD Early
Childhood (Pre K) Education Options
At Pilot Point ISD we offer a blended preschool setting which serves several types of preschool programs in an inclusive environment. All of the preschool programs described below are provided at Pilot Point Elementary located at 829 S. Jefferson, Pilot Point, TX 76258.
Pilot Point ISD offers a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) which provides special education and related services for eligible children with disabilities ages three to five. This program is legally mandated for eligible students beginning on their third birthday, regardless of when the birthday falls during the school year, and ends when the student becomes eligible for kindergarten. Services are determined by the student’s Admission, Review, and Dismissal committee (ARD), based on individual need, and may include walk-in therapies, or partial/full day placement in the PPISD prekindergarten program.
A state-mandated pre-kindergarten program is also offered by Pilot Point ISD. Texas state law requires school districts to provide half day preschool programs if there are 15 or more four-year-old students who meet any of the eligibility criteria. Currently, Pilot Point ISD offers a half day pre-kindergarten program for students who are four by September 1st of the current school year and meet the eligibility requirement listed below.
- The student is unable to speak and comprehend the English language or
- The student is educationally disadvantaged or
- The student is a homeless child, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a or
- The student is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is order to active duty by proper authority; or
- The student is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- The student is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
The third option offered by Pilot Point ISD is Little Paws Preschool Academy, a tuition-based preschool program. Students who are not eligible for either program listed above, may request enrollment in the preschool academy. This program is offered full or half day depending on parent request. In order to be considered for enrollment in this program your child must be four years old on or before September 1st of the current school year and meet residency requirements for Pilot Point ISD. A one time registration fee of $50 is required at time of registration.
If you would like more information about any of these preschool programs or believe that your child may be eligible for services, please contact Pilot Point Elementary at 940.686.8710.